Sorts of hosting services
A hosting service is associated with hoarding and/or sharing particular content on a hosting server handled by a hosting company. There are various categories of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's take a gaze at these. Thus, you can determine what you need, on the basis of whether you wish to establish a web page, email aliases, or to share files with comrades and colleagues.
- File hosting: a service delivered by some vendors, which enables you to share enormous files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single function is to share files, since it does not offer site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to see .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free-of-charge file storage accounts are frequently supported by displaying adverts beside the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific period of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limit in regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more fashionable "cloud hosting". This is a completely inapt explanation of the literal definition of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the workload between independent sets of hosting servers in a cluster, which are dedicated to attending miscellaneous web hosting services (email, storage space, statistics, DNS, databases, webspace hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is just a kind of a disk storage hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given corporations offer a hosting solution for images solely. This hosting brand is suitable if you want to share a large quantity of pictures with pals or acquaintances since the solution is usually free of charge. You will get a randomly generated link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be used for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution devoted to administering your e-mail accounts. Some distributors offer web page hosting services for web sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to run an e-mail address with your domain name but do not want to possess a web site, then the e-mail hosting service is what you require. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution enables you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video in your web site that is hosted somewhere else. The benefit of utilizing this method in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video file creates a given amount of CPU load, so with a few videos and several hundred viewers, you may have a hard time with your web hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will enable you to utilize as many video clips as you want without worrying about system quotas.
- Web site hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to run a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and e-mail box accounts, upload video files, etc. At Cool Enterprises, for instance, you can have a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web server hosting packages that allow you to get all of the abovementioned solutions in one single place. There may be limits based on the type of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are intended for particular content exclusively.